View Single Post
      06-28-2017, 05:07 PM   #2
OneMoreAlex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlobe View Post
  1. The car says Bluetooth, can I stream Spotify from my phone through it?
  2. Are there any issues with engine hardware that can cause an issue? Injectors, Fuel pumps, etc...
  3. Does it have auto headlights when the area becomes dusk the lights turn on?
  4. Does power folding mirrors mean the mirrors can fold in when the car is turned off?
  5. Intermittent Wipers - does this mean I can leave the wipers on a sensor to automatically turn on to rain?

Thanks in advance for all help,
Phil
Sounds like a sweet deal, hopefully I could be of some help.

1) Yes, your phone will work over bluetooth exactly as you describe.
2) From my experience with this car I would say the weakest part of the N55 motor is the cooling system. Waterpump/Radiator/expansion tank are known to go. Also, Oil filter housing gasket and valve cover gasket seem to be a close second on that list.
3) Yes, auto headlights have a setting to go on/off during the day/night. There's a knob to the left of the steering wheel, when turned to the "A" position the lights should function automatically.
4) No. Power folding mirrors means there's a button to fold the mirrors in. Although, with coding it's possible to have them fold automatically when you lock the car. I coded my car to do this, it's very simple. There's a great app for your phone called Carly for BMW. They sell an OBD adapter that makes coding very easy. Check that out if you're interested.
4) Yes, there's a button that you push which activates the automatic wipers.

Congratulations on your new BMW!.