View Single Post
      08-05-2021, 06:54 PM   #42
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
I think you kind of alluded to it earlier, but I have to wonder if someone didn’t just pull a fast one and send back fake coils in place of the real once’s for a new-product return… What your buddy is saying would indicate the problem runs deeper, in which case they must be dealing with some sketch-a-letch distributors.

Considering how heavily they rely on business from the enthusiast community, I’d think turning a blind eye to QC and letting problems like this go unchecked would be a great way to ruin your reputation and harm your growth. Your average consumer sure as hell isn’t weighing and smelling their coils—I doubt they’d attempt to change them at all—but what you did to determine they were fake is something many of us on this forum could relate to. My point? Enthusiasts would be the wrong crowd to try to systematically deceive. Then again, I didn’t smell my last coils, so maybe their strategy is working after all .
No question. My mechanic’s biz is so good, I doubt he’s just shaming them to shame them. He’s installed aftermarket and parts I’ve brought in from various sources, even commenting the catback exhaust from Cobb is like art and high quality.

That said, this might be an incident completely related to fake coils. I know coils are heavily faked from doing reading on them. That’s where I got the idea to weigh them.

The M3 control arms…who knows. Maybe it was a just a story or maybe FCP has dishonest customers and a mediocre process to weed out returned parts. They do accept basically anything to return. I returned those fake coils and have no clue what they did with them.
Appreciate 0