View Single Post
      10-21-2017, 05:14 AM   #19
PhaseP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325XI

Hello,
Yes in mine and a few fellow N52 owners with analog output MAF here the problem was caused by the connector/pins not making good tight connection. For me it has been more than a year since I replaced that connector and cleaned the pins good and I am free of them problem. (With cold weather creeping in, I now have "thermostat stuck open code" code with SES dash light, but I had replaced the thermostat last year .... another thing I have to chase now)

The digital output MAF version your engine uses is physically identical to the analog output MAF version, so the same connector would work, unless your wire harness is different. You can check your hood and compare the pictures in my thread or anywhere else if the wire harness is same or not.

Just to give you idea this link has close up photos of the analog output MAF
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-vdo-part...627520519~vdo/

And this has close up photos of your digital output MAF:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...f/13627551638/

You can see they are same physically, internal circuitry and the part number printed on them are different.

The MAF output is digital, but the ambient air temperature output is still same analog. If it is not making good connection on the air temperature pins it would throw off the computer also.
So for a few dollars and a very easy work it wouldn't hurt trying to replace the connector and clean up the pins good.
You can even try to disconnect and then connect and reseat it, clear the codes and see if it helps for a few days.

You can try cleaning the MAF sensor and the temperature sensor in there with a MAF cleaning spray also. Another easy and cheap thing to try. Make sure you spray inside the white plastic folding tunnel thing on the sensor, that is where the MAF hot wire is, not visible. The bead element with two lead wires visible is the temperature sensor, if it had dirt on it, it would be good to spray on it too with the MAF cleaner.

If these doesn't help you, there is possibility MAF sensor is not good.
In that case don't pay extra for the BMW branded one. VDO Continental is the OEM, you will see your original one has VDO stamp on it.

I can't help with the INPA outputs, it is too much German for me
Appreciate 1
Volasko703.50