Thread: Fatherhood tips
View Single Post
      08-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #20
DarkRider23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 201 335i xDrive

Well, first off, congrats Tri . I'm not a father, but there are some things I've experienced first hand that you need to teach your kid. Don't spoil your kid and give your kid chores as soon as you can. It sounds like something simple, but most parents I know spoil the hell out of their kids, buy them everything they want and don't make them do anything around the house. My sister is one of those kids and she's just spoiled to hell. Getting her to just throw out the trash becomes a shouting match between my parents and her. Had my parents actually disciplined her and made her do things around the house like I did when I was a kid, she wouldn't be like that.

Make sure ya teach your kid the value of money too. Again, something people I know aren't doing or have not done. Most of my friends (18-21) are in credit card debt because their parents had a "I'm not going to teach my kid anything about money." Debt comes cheap. Getting out of it, doesn't.

Teach your kid how to respect people and their belongings too. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing 16 year old kids calling every one they see out on the street a douchebag or cursing them out. While we're on the subject of respect, objects need to be respected too. The next time I see a kid riding his bike in circles and doing "tricks" around my car, I'm taking the damn bike and throwing it in my trunk without any warning. That will teach him/her. And if it doesn't fit in the trunk, I'll take that thing apart to make it fit.

Taking care of a kid can be quite a task too. Like I said before, I don't have kids, but I've done my fair share of taking care of kids and it's a blast. They will always cheer you up. Have fun .
Appreciate 0