View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 11:32 AM   #365
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg6975 View Post
For the record, as stated, oil changes were once a year, and every 5-6 track days. So, 2-3 times a year, maybe 1500 miles between them. No revving on cold starts. It’s primarily a track car and it’s always warmed up when heading out.

Also when it went I got a bunch of codes for super knock and then cyl 3 deactivation so I’m not convinced it was because of the OFHG but who knows. My leading theory is bad gas leading to super knock and then the rod bearing failure.
I am pretty sure that the super knock ended the bearings but that they were very close to their way out, like the super knock is not the main and sole cause of the spun bearing.

Across the last two years I had a few super knock codes because I overboost at 28 psi and nobody knows what to do about it, but my bearings are still holding up.

Like Supermoon mentioned, I still think it has something to do with air entering the feed system or a lubrication handicap.

Anyways, sorry to hear about this and I hope you get to fix it.
Pladi718.00