02-18-2015, 06:10 PM   #52
Mik325tds
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozh View Post
However, why unplug a differential pressure sensor? It achieves nothing, and you are playing with a complicated system where some maps may be gone but system may still look for a completed loop. So far it has been tuned by JRauto to be able to unplug the NOx, urea and EGR. I have not seen a conformation that diff pressure sensor can be unplugged. It is definitely mapped out but does not mean you can physically break that circuit. Or may require some additional fuse pulling. Please plug it back in, there is no sense in unplugging it.
Well you may have a point there. I just assumed that all sensors that are not being reused in the downpipe (i.e. O2, pre cat temp) may be removed. I figured it is easier for the software to detect a not connected sensor and deal with that situation then eventually figuring out that the signals received are implausible by either comparing it with the other sensors or being out of range of expected values.

On the other hand, another argument for reconnecting the sensors and tucking them up are the following:
1. The connectors are shielded against salt mist and thus against corrosion.
2. Open connectors are acting as attennas and thus open doors for electromagnetic fields (EMF) to enter the DDE which is potentially harmful to the components inside.

I'll ask Jarek when I get a chance. Until then I'll follow your advice. Thanks mate!

Edit:
I just realized that there might be a slight misunderstanding. I have not yet send in my DDE for tuning. This test was to figure out if it is posssible to install the downpipe first and then drive to Jarek in order to get the tune. So the DTCs I posted were expected. I'll also edit the post with the DTCs in order to clarify.

Last edited by Mik325tds; 02-19-2015 at 06:13 AM..
Appreciate 0