View Single Post
      07-26-2016, 09:36 AM   #102
ykolin
Rep
Drives: 325i 2006 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
How did you guys manage to break free the oil pan from the block? I removed a total of 28 bolts from the pan - 10 passenger side, 9 driver side, 5 rear and 4 front. The power steering pump and trans lines are unbolted. I also completely removed the subframe as I'm having the turbos rebuilt and doing a suspension refresh all around. The oil pan is still firmly stuck. Do I wedge something between it and engine block and try to nudge it out? I'm hesitant to do this. I also tried to wiggle the pan off but the entire engine started swinging on the engine support which got me nervous something would give. I have two jack stands below engine for added safety sake.

Any tips? Car is E92 335i coupe automatic with 110k miles. Oil pan is leaking on passenger side, front and rear, the heaviest being rear.
I replaced mine this Saturday on 2006 325i manual. not sure if this helps, but I noticed that in the rear the oil pan goes into the transmission "wall plate" by a few millimeters, which could hold the pan on that end. Additionally, when I was cleaning the pan from the old gasket, the rubber melted and stuck very badly to the pan. I had to put a little force to remove all rubber material off of it. If you space all around the pan and you have 3inches below, it should come of easily. I would try to pry it off between the pan and the gasket. Did you remove the frame or you just dropped it down?
Appreciate 0