07-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #103
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykolin View Post
I replaced mine this Saturday on 2006 325i manual. not sure if this helps, but I noticed that in the rear the oil pan goes into the transmission "wall plate" by a few millimeters, which could hold the pan on that end. Additionally, when I was cleaning the pan from the old gasket, the rubber melted and stuck very badly to the pan. I had to put a little force to remove all rubber material off of it. If you space all around the pan and you have 3inches below, it should come of easily. I would try to pry it off between the pan and the gasket. Did you remove the frame or you just dropped it down?
Yes, I completely removed the subframe off the car. The issue I'm having is that the pan is not coming off at all, all around- it's firmly stuck all around. I tried to push it forward but the entire engine swings forward on the engine support. Do I pry it off the engine block? Did yours just drop off the engine block after you removed the bolts or did you have to force it open? This is making me nervous and it seems like a trivial task on the whole gasket replacement process- all bolts removed and just need to drop the pan.
Appreciate 0