View Single Post
      06-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #22
dukeandtheland
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 550i M-Sport

Clown Nose issue

If I were you, before I put the overhead console, the wire, and the mirror back, I would have tested it first. For example, I would press the homelink to see if the indicator light is on or not, the compass shows anything or not, the autodim goes tint or not.

If have done all the wiring exactly right, I mean exactly, not a bit off, then there is no reason it won't work.

First check how many wires you have on the mirror end connector, then check how many are in the overhead connector. Are all the colored ones matching the pins?

Did you cut any wires? Did you pull the original 3 wires from the mirror end?
There are two "Black/brown" wires in that end, same color, one is old, the other is from the retrofit harness.

Did you press and close the clips on the the mirror end black connector? Did you see all the metal tips showing up after you inserting the wires?

About the clown nose, mine is not blinking and I don't think it should because I did not wire for it - I didn't do any wiring for the alarm, did I ?
However I came across this thread about DIY the blinking clown nose. After you read this, you will know what I am talking about. It is such a wonder that you made the nose to blink when that guy made such a great effort, I mean, man, all the fancy stuff and complicated process just to make it blink...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25207

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivaresAnthony View Post
I did the homelink retrofit a couple of months ago but the mirror is not working. I'm sure I wired everything right but the compass, homelink, and autodim do not work. The only thing that works is the blinking clown nose. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Last edited by dukeandtheland; 06-23-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0