View Single Post
      07-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #76
PaKii94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
Just an update, and first of all thank you all for the great info in this thread and your guidance above.

I ended up having the dealership do the work, as I didn't have the time or energy to do this myself and needed a quick turnaround (even though I had already wasted a few days parking the car trying to find a best alternative solution.)

Dealership cost as follows:

11-23-8-511-371 damper +$722
64-55-7-793-608 AC belt +$42
11-28-7-792-059 serpentine belt +$78
11-23-2-247-932 Torx bolt (4) +$56

Tax: +$77
Total Parts: $975
Total Labor: $577
Discount -$100

Total cost for the crankshaft pulley + belts = $1450

In addition to the above, I also had the battery that I replaced myself two weeks ago programmed, at the cost of half an hour labor for $107 - $10 discount = $97

Yes, I am a loser and serves me right for not doing the work myself. Who am I kidding, with two kids and a busy schedule I really don't have time for doing the work myself anymore. The indy shops that I use basically told me they won't warranty the work if I don't go with the Orig BMW parts (understandable), and their labor quoted was only $150 different than the dealership.

Sad part is, now that the battery is new, the harmonic balancer and belts are new, (just about $1900 in parts and labor for all), I will probably put the car on the market and let the next owner enjoy these new parts. I really like the car and the way it handles and drives, but man, I am tired of these surprise popups.

What other problems have you had? From what I've read, after deletes, this is the major breakpoint. Now that you've done this, you should be good besides regular maintenance right?
Appreciate 0