View Single Post
      11-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #10
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaperson View Post
I'm thinking of doing a budget upgrade to the base stereo based on your recommendations above, but I have a few, maybe naive, questions. I've never installed a stereo/speakers in a car, but I enjoy tinkering and I'm looking for a fun project.

Do the OEM mids already have a connector for the OEM tweeters, or do i need another harness/tap?
Yes, and the OEM tweeters have a high pass filter inline. So it is really PnP.

Quote:
Is this jumper some part that I need to get/make from parts from radio shack? or is it already there?
I provide those jumpers with the harness if requested.

Quote:
Since the Cleansweep processes the front outputs, the bass or treble settings I use in the OEM HU won't matter, right? Those settings would only affect the rear speakers which are still driven by the OEM HU, right? If this is true, I worry that I wouldn't be able to make any adjustments and would rely on the new tweeters to produce decent highs. I guess this is a limitation of going on a budget? Do you have any recommendations if I wanted an EQ on a budget? Thanks.
The OEM bass and treble settings still apply with the Cleansweep.

The only "budget" EQ that I can recommend is an Audiocontrol EQS after the Cleansweep, but that combo will be within $200 of a JBL MS-8. So this upgrade is limited by your budget.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf CS-DSP.pdf (256.2 KB, 1008 views)
Appreciate 0