squaredphoto
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E91

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
A few things have changed since last time

Suspension wise, I'm no longer running Reinharte R1 coilovers due to wanting more comfort and simplicity. Below is the current setup:
Koni Yellow front struts
Eibach Pro springs ( for RWD model )
Ground Control Street camber plate
E36 front bump stops
TC Kline rear shocks
AKG rear upper and lower shock mounts
SPL adjustable rear toe arms

After a few thousand miles, I started hearing clicking from the front end and a really strange whine from the engine. The clicking was due to a torn passenger CV boot. I installed a used axle instead because I don't know how long it's been damaged for.

The whine was coming from oil filter cap. The cap and the little cylinder inside came apart like this:

Strange... but easy to fix

Got some new wheels through IND.
Rays Gramlight G07EX 18 x 9.5 +35
Front wheels needed a 5mm spacer to clear the struts.

Also through IND ( thanks Cat!! ) I was able to acquire the Individual Maple Anthracite trim. It was for a non-iDrive setup, so I had to make my own iDrive to non-iDrive center console adapter. It was my first time doing anything like this and I think it came out pretty ok! I finished it all together with the performance shift lever + boot and ebrake handle + boot.

A lot of the newer BMW models come with this titanium looking trim. Ryan@IND was able to help me out and try recreating the same look with a spare set of kidneys. Still not sure how I like them, but worth a shot.

Lastly, just threw in a Euro intake box that I found in the marketplace on here. Instant throttle response improvement and my butt dyno is telling me the car feels quicker. Still want to try getting a silicon intake boot and maybe a 330 intake manifold down the line.

Last edited by squaredphoto; 04-28-2020 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 1