View Single Post
      04-20-2019, 01:36 PM   #25
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirleeofroy View Post
It's not just about launching though, an LSD provides traction when cornering hard and even on uneven surfaces where normally my TC light would come on under WOT (obviously suspension plays a part here). A friend of mine who has pretty much the same car as me (mapped N57, FMIC, suspension) has a Quaife LSD installed and when driving his car on the same roads where my TC light would come on, his car did no such thing. In fact, driving his car with the LSD meant that on corners that I would otherwise have to back off slightly (inside wheel would lift slightly), his car I could keep it pinned.

Do you need an LSD? No.... But I would imagine the vast majority of folks here who have mapped motors are also (sensibly) keen drivers and would likely benefit from the additional control offered by an LSD....
I had a quaife lsd fitted to mine because of the reasons you have mentioned. Also trying to get a spirited set off in the wet was hilarious. TC light flashing away all the way into 3rd gear. The quaife made the car way better in my opinion but wasn’t cheap!
Appreciate 1