09-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #5
German Straight-6
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 328i & F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoszmp View Post
Hello all,

I recently purchased an 08 335xi, it is my first BMW, and I am VERY happy with my purchase.

I am interested in modding my muffler but, I want to keep my OEM muffler just in case. I am looking at used mufflers and have come across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-09-10-...FYuMsb&vxp=mtr

I am new to modding and just want to check on a few things before moving forward, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1) If I buy the above muffler, what would be a fair price for a shop to charge me to have the PE mod done to it?
2) I am assuming I would have to cut my current mufflers off and will need to get the modded one clamped on. How much would this usually cost? And does anyone know of any good clamps I can use, I see that the OEM BMW clamps are about $50-60 each, are there any other good alternatives?
3) Would you guys recommend doing anything else to my car to compensate for the muffler mod or can I run this all stock?

Thanks for any help!
you're not going to get an optimal amount of sound and performance from a new muffler alone, I strongly recommend a secondary cat delete on top of the PE muffler as this will truly open up some sound and power.
Appreciate 0