View Single Post
      11-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #24
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320IN54 View Post
Call BMW NA and tell them what happened. Stealerships act on their own accords when it comes to repairs and stuff like that so if you let corporate exactly what happened they will usually solve it as dealerships like this give them a bad reputation and they dont want any legal problems.
I'm not sure I understand all that transpired, but I tend to side with the customer.

I can tell you from my 12 yrs. of experience with BMWNA, they are useless, with the exception that they told me I could get alternate transportation during Takata.

What never makes sense to me, is, a BMW rolls in for service. Immediately, 2 lackeys with iPad Pros go around and take high res pics of the vehicles. Secondly, they read the key for faults. So defects are noted off the bat, they don't mysteriously appear later.

I had a scenario where the svc dept ripped my rear right brake sensor wire and told me it was already like that. Well, wouldn't you know, I had just done my brakes myself, and had put about 45 miles on them prior to the service?

Long story short is nothing got them to admit it, until their BBB rating got dropped from A+ to C-. Suddenly, I had them by the *****. To demonstrate, I said fix my water pump. They say you have a problem with your water pump? I said no, it's fine. The guy goes well we can do that. hahahahahahaha it's just fun to flex when you were actually right all along. But I never went back, not even for a free water pump.

So my recommendation is BBB, you already dealt with the manager.
Appreciate 0