DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

[QUOTE=N54Trnsfmr;22780383]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post

He was quite helpful when I spoke with him a couple days ago. I sent him lots of pics of the piping and steering situation. So only as good as you can get whilst it's still on the car.
I don't know how serious he was at this stage.
They know that there won't be hundreds of RHD customers, so we're not too well catered for.
I guess we could buy his LHD and mod it here. I know it adds to the expense but maybe cheaper than reinventing what has already been R&D and tested on LHD vehicles.
He also sent me horror pics of melted inlets/outlets, ones worn through from rubbing, and a few cross sections showing major flaws (90% occluded). They are all made in China I believe.
Sounds good!

I reckon the FMIC portion of the outlet would be fine, this was a part I asked if he would sell separate (I was thinking the y merge would be somewhat tricky to fabricate and could save some $ by just modding other pipes and silicon joiners to accomodate the PSP MMP style outlet to fit RHD..

Yeah unfortunately it seems relatively common to have outlet failure, but according to RB the failure rate is very low (I cant believe that or either they're all too new and once in service a few years will start degrading from the constant heat cycling and will start to fail then)

When will you be installing your turbos do ya reckon?
Appreciate 0