View Single Post
      10-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #47
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote95667 View Post
I'm the type who has expensive speaker wires at home even though I know blind testing proves that I can't hear them (or my expensive amp for that matter). So I'm not coming from any kind of high horse here... it bugs me too a little to know it is low bitrate.

But I wouldn't take any bets on my ability to distinguish in a blind test whether my AAC music was coming from the hard drive in my bimmer, a cd disk, or my itunes over Tune2air. History and science demonstrate that I'd be a significant underdog in a bet like that.

But, it would be nice if they dressed it up to the higher nitrate. Maybe they could sell a $200 version to "audiophiles" that encodes lossless or AAC

Be interested to know if you can hear a deficiency in a blind test (you drive blindfolded while your wife operates the iDrive).
I promise you, I'm not an audiophile. My speaker cables are lamp wire from Home Depot, and my receiver is a good 15 years old at least. The difference between a good and a bad A2DP implementation is painfully obvious. I think the real problem is some songs expose deficiencies more than others, but as soon as you hear the problem once you can't stop.