10-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #30
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I could figure out the part number I have but there are 4 or so different modules so there is no saying the one I have will work with your car. If your dealership does the install of the headlights and footwell module be prepared to spend $1k. If you just have them install the lights it will be more like $600. I got the footwell mod for $370 overnighted to my dealer. ADHD got his for $320 but it took him almost 2 or 3 weeks to get it.

Yes you can do the install yourself. ADHD says he's got the install down and can do it in like an hour and a half. But he's across the country from you. Personally I don't like messing with wiring so I would have had someone install them even if my dealer didn't agree. The footwell mod is a lot easier to install so I hear but I never looked into it and just had the dealer do it. I do know they put the car back in programming once everything was installed and updated everything and 'told' the car it now had xenons.

If I were you I would call your dealer first or maybe go in with all the install info and talk to one of the SA's. If they see the paper work they may be a little more into doing the install instead of just telling them and they just say no because it "sounds to hard". I could always give you my dealers number and the SA's name I worked with so your SA and my SA can talk, it might help.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0