lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Terry has the BMS OCC on sale, did you ever think about getting one? What do you think Bob C. would say? I am sure the Dealer would be fine about it, after all is a preventative maintenance item. I am thinking about getting one today. what are your thoughts?
hey vince, i do/don't see a point of OCC yet. i read a lot of threads about OCC and there's good/bad about it. some would catch no oil while others catch a lot. i've been thinking about one a year ago but some long time member here were not using it and have their reason. so im still holding off the OCC. im sure bob is fine with it. if you worry about oil getting into the intake/fmic, CP...etc, i can tell you even with OCC, you will still see oil in those components. so that was my point to holding off. instead, i would take out my fmic/CP, intake probably once a year just to clean and wipe off all oil to prevent, also every 30-40k miles, do another walnut shell blasting and oil change every 5k miles instead of 10k. i think that is a better method to keep the motor in top condition as preventative maint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin View Post
thanks for the warm welcome guys!! yeah i'm not trying to get the mod bug on the bmw. my last car i modded the shit out of it. i already have a list in mind if i "were" to mod haha. but i'm eyeing the vanguard exhaust fs in sac. =/
hahahaha, that's what i swore to myself when i bought my e90, guess what, after 2 weeks of ownership, my mod journey started off with a JB+. this car is meant to be driven and meant to be modded. after you realized +25whp is fun, then there's the game started. i had jb+, jb3, jb4, cobb within 2 years. this thing is just addicting. once u settled with the power you wanted, then you want more grip, more handling, more appealing... it's a chain effect. i've been a good boy for past 6 months without anymore mod. but im afraid one day next year, brown truck will deliver some RB turbos for some more fun.

vanguard is a nice exhaust system. have you hear one in person yet? some people say it's quiet, some say it's very loud. or you can try the golf tee mod and see if you want the way it is first. ive heard/sat in, bastuck, AE, AMS, bmw PE and personally i love the bmw PE the most. maybe im biased, but my setup is 2nd cat deleted, bmw PE with quad and with PTF tune, my car sounds like sex.
Appreciate 0