View Single Post
      10-24-2021, 10:11 AM   #172
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by exk View Post
I just got an 11 335is that was rolling on 2 piece dark bronze 19'' wheels that look like the ones pictured and also the stock 225m set that are like new. The ones on the car had curb rash so i am now rolling on the 225m but now i see they have issues with cracking. I like booth styles and lean toward the 225m as the rears are narrower and never rub on the fender lips. The others would slightly rub on a big bump. So for safety i should change out the 225m ???
The non M E9x cars need a lot of work to run a wide set up with proper offsets. IMO, the work is necessary to make the cars look correct. The ones on this car were AG 359M reps. I ran the widest tire set up I could and did rub when i hit a big bump on the highway. Nothing to where the tire was in jeopardy. If I had kept the car I would have had a body shop cut the fender lip. I rolled the fender lip on my previous 135i and i could see the flared metal looking at the car. Never again will I roll fenders, it bothered me every time i looked at the car.