06-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #31
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritztour View Post
Nice pics! I usually stay in the Locarno/Ascona area on Lago Maggiore. Definitely worth a trip. Cheers!
Yes, that area is also quite nice. I always drive thru there on my way into Cernobbio(Villa Erste & Erba - where the car show is held).

I prefer to stay in Cernobbio, in walking distance of the show bc parking is a real issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBMW View Post
May I ask how do you attend an event like that? Is it by invitation only? (noob question)
The event is open to the public. You just have to dress nicely.

Friday's events are closed door. That's when BMW unveils their two concepts(a car and motorcycle). This year it was the Rolls and a new Bike.

Saturday you can visit Villa Erste... I think to get in it's 25 euros pp. And then down the street is Villa Erba... I think it costs around 16 euros to get in there. I think they sell weekend tickets too... but I'm spoiled by getting in with my press pass.

BMW Classic has a website(bellow)... you can preorder tickets there, a month or two before next year's event. The car show is always held at the end of May, each year.

I would say try to attend both events/locals. But I prefer going on Saturday to both places. And on Sunday only to Villa Erba, bc there is just a ton of people at this event on Sunday. Sunday is when the flood gates open. But it's also the only day that you can see the "special" display of cars inside the rotunda, like this year's Hollywood film cars - in my other thread. Try to find a room(and parking) in Cernobbio. You will want to walk not drive around the village.

www.concorsodeleganzavilladeste.com

Dackel
Appreciate 1
SamS869.50