scoobysaurus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
No kidding.

Question, when you sit in each, which one fits better? Driving position? Which engine note do you like better: RIGHT NOW?
The Viper is insanely loud inside and out but has a very noisy Diesel engine note until you get up to 4K rpm - that's when it starts sounding like a proper V10 sports car.

The McLaren is loud too, especially with the optional sports exhaust that this particular car has. The note keeps getting better with higher rpm. But there's something about the sound that feels weird compared to the Italia, it's almost like the difference between the AMG 6.2 and AMG 5.5 Biturbo. Both are loud and aggressive but one sounds more raw and the other sounds loud but somewhat muffled. FWIW the S85 (with Eisenmann exhaust) sounds better than both the McLaren and the Viper.

The McLaren's seating position is as good as it gets in a sports car. Visibility is great compared to other cars I've driven such as the 458, Aventador and SLS. Materials are top class and the car seems to be well put together. The Viper's interior is very good too, surprisingly, and the materials aren't exactly on par with the McLaren but I was impressed with the fit and finish. (to be fair, I'm comparing the base Viper to the top of the line 12C. GTS would be a better comparison) the best part about the viper is the stick shift and the shifter itself feels great but the clutch pedal travel is too much for my liking.

Overall I guess I'd have more fun and thrills driving the Viper but I'd feel happier in the McLaren. It's a touch choice and I really appreciate all of you helping out! The votes are split almost 50/50 and my mind is also 50/50 so I'll see who gives me the best deal or discount and go with that. Besides, as many of you already said, whatever I get, I can always get the other one later. It's a win-win
Appreciate 0