Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TBBUCS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
I wouldn't do that. The B12 kit has a "specific" set of Eibach springs designed just for the B8 shocks @ struts in that kit. In addition, Eibach also has a swaybar(s) you can buy for $275.00 that are also tuned to the b12 suspension kit.

My point being that springs can't just be thrown on a suspension of our choice or shouldn't be anyways. You should match springs, shocks & struts together.

The BMW Performance Suspension Kit with M3 front sway bar is a nice setup but PRICEY 💰💰💰. I'd probably opt to get the M3 rear swaybar as well. Newton's 3rd law comes to mind if you left the stock rear sway bar there!!! That would put you at $1500-1600.00

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...SABEgKCNvD_BwE

You could get the B12 kit & Eibach swaybars for about $1100.00, and the B12 Kit is every bit as good if not better than the BMW PS kit. I will grant you that the M3 sway bars are better than the Eibach swaybars, but at $500.00 better !?

Only thing is, you will need a set of adjustable swaybar links when dropping your suspension an 1" or so!
Got it, thanks. Honestly not sure if I'd even opt for swaybars, at least not immediately. Would adjustable swaybar links be necessary if dropping less than an 1"? My e90 has the sport suspension, and from what I've read, the B12 kit only alters the drop by 1/2" or so from the sport suspension.
With adjustable sway bar links, you will get more life out of your links because the OEM links will be stressed from even a 1/2" drop. True not as much as a 1" drop, but the links are made for a specific length from the strut to the sway bar & now your adding a 1/2" to that length.

Also, the sway bar won't be in a relaxed position anymore, if you choose not to get adjustable links. Therefore, you won't get the most out of your suspension.
Appreciate 0