View Single Post
      01-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #135
BT M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325imax View Post
I was very concerned with the tune, and OE offered me a partial refund, but I did not want to mail it back on my dime and wait another week to see if things got better. When you have a nice car and its sitting with the hood up for weeks, eventually you just want it fixed. Im not the first one to send an OE tuned ECU to Active A, and they won't want their proprietary code anyway... They told me they were going to flash right over the OE Tune.

Words of advise: Deal with a tuner you can take your car to, so when they have to flash, and flash again, and reflash.... you don't have to ship your ECU all over the country. Apparently I am still a pioneer with the 3 stage intake manifold swap, and I am crossing fingers that AA has the tune down, I have high hopes based on other's reviews...
No offense dude, but something was corrupt or didnt go through on the flash or your car. They have midrange problems on the stock DME - not tuned. The issues you describe sound like stock DME programming with 330i manifold.

OE and I did a 330 manifold on a 328 2010xi wagon in July and dynoed it, you are like 7 months behind. I don't see any issues with the midrange.

Here's the customers praise:

Short form: awesome!

Long form: the final tune we ended up with was the right choice. I haven't had too many chances to really wind it out to red line, but the few I did seemed quite good. The daily drive aspects, part throttle at mid range, are simply amazing. Very well behaved and well mannered (just like stock), only significantly more power smoothly from 3000 RPM up. Drivability is still excellent, and throttle response seems better.

From your other posts I think you have a mechanical problem as you experience the problem with both files.

Here's the before and after tune baseline had manifold installed (much older file before any valvetronic R&D):

Where's your data?

Last edited by BT M3; 01-07-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0