View Single Post
      03-02-2018, 07:12 AM   #58
snub-nose 28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SGM 128i Cp 6MT ZSP/ZPP

Garage List
Like I have said before, the VC R+R is the most time consuming and difficult part of the install.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMarty View Post
The used supports have 4 'polished' areas/lines where the intermediate rocker roller rides. There is NO wear in this area on any that I have seen. You can't even feel the difference of the polished or a line/groove.

The used ones are slightly harder than the new ones. This only matters to the machinist. He thinks that they are getting heat hardened with all the engine cycles and run time. But he says this process usually takes over 500*. Maybe it is a repeat cycle low temperature hardening type process.

The only real difference is they are in short supply. Only a few get returned. Last trip to the machinist I took 3 used sets and 38 new sets.
It doesn't matter to me, I make the same on either set. I just pass along the savings to you guys.

So as of now I have no used sets and only new set, Sorry.
CM,

I must have got the last set of used. Mine will be coming back shortly - there's one set of 66k in the pipeline!
m3 under|eibach 28mm f-sway|oem 12mm r-sway|3.46...135i 'auto' diff-yes!|avant garde m621 19x8.5 square|mich pss4s|koni fsd|h&r sport|ecs e46 m3 trans mts|fogs delete|tower pin mod -2.20|hpa 1m m3 strut bar|3m tint|afe stg2 cai|akg m3 rsfb|ecs trailing arms|dinan r-stops|bmwp ssk|135i brembo+stoptech slot|braided lines|supersprint rez delete|disa 3s intk|bespoke strg wheel|mudflap4x|milvs+bpc remap|alcantara trim|armrest & r hdrest delete|solid rubber mounts
Appreciate 0