05-15-2022, 06:05 PM   #707
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Right... A manufacturer with zero F1 experience will come in and out do all existing teams, and the team that has innovated the 1.6L turbo charged F1 engine the most. Mercedes has made the best and at worst one of the best engines even before the turbo hybrid era, even Newey wanted the Mercedes engines to power redbull but McLaren (back in the McLaren Mercedes days) blocked it. Even Honda couldn't do anything but make grenade engines up until 2021.

What facts do you even have that Audi and Porsche will do well? Many manufacturers have come and failed, even Ferrari couldn't do well for awhile.

I doubt Audi or Porsche will make any meaningful impact for awhile - if they're making their own engine, especially since they're starting from nothing and the current teams already have a platform to start off of, as the 1.6 L V6 is still carried over (and that's not an engine used outside of F1). If they partner with redbull i.e. buy engines off of redbull or slap their name as a title sponsor, then they'll have more successful because they're going off of Honda's engine architecture.

Chassis wise they're starting from nothing and don't even have an f1 factory yet, or even a team so good luck. I doubt they'll be able to reach the top 3 teams right away. The manufacturer that partners with redbull will again just piggy back off redbull and likely be nothing more than a title sponsor with small engine collaboratios.

Bruh, you can't be serious.... Do you watch anything outside of F1?

Trust me. Just like I told you from testing that the new Mercedes was going to suck, Audi/Porsche will be top teams in 2026. These regulations are already going in place - Audi/Porsche already have a head start on everyone on top of their experience with "sustainable" engines. This is literally how Mercedes became dominant. Is it possible? Sure but doubting this is equally as dopey as coping with how Mercedes can still make some magic happen with their shitbox every race.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60015.00