edycol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edycol View Post
Nope. Your heat exchange drops with higher altitude due to lower air density. Nothing to do with boiling point. Your system is under pressure. Everything to do with your post.
My post was about track seat time. To learn how to drive first. Not about altitude. I wasn't referring to the closed cooling system of the vehicle either. My understanding is that more water in the air makes the air less dance. I linked that water needing less to evaporate in high altitude. Anyhow, I don't see it how you attached that to my post. Please explain.
Because he has cooling issues. Just because you don't doesn't mean he doesn't. Doesn't mean he doesn't know how to drive. Everyone has cooling issues at 4,300ft on stock cooling set up with N54. Everyone! If you think you can swoop through corner at that altitude and prevent limp mode, you are dead wrong. Your radiators are missing some 20-25% of efficiency at that altitude. I have seen N54's with upgraded coolers limping at HPR. There are no tricks here with cooling. Yes we all running 10/90% concentrate/distilled water, yes we mostly run heat at max, but you still need beefed up system from stock. I personally run 335 oil cooler on N52. That heat exchanger some N52's have (X3, X5, European models) is not sufficient here although at low altitude in TX, FL people run it with no problems. Same is with N54. People running in TX come here just to find out altitude is a real bitch.
Appreciate 0