View Single Post
      02-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
richpike
Captain
Rep
Drives: MDX, LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackz View Post
I can tell you from personal experience selling the epoxy stuff when I used to work for home depot that the hot tire pickup IS NOT an issue after it dries. You need to wait a good week or longer before putting the hot tires on it though, that is usually the issue people have, is not waiting long enough. Should you have to park on it, wait 3-4 days to cure THEN put cardboard down where your tires are going and you should not have an issue. And its all about prep, prep, prep. The epoxy will only stick as well as whatever is under it.
Good advice. That is what concerns me about my garage - the floor was previously painted (about 10 years ago) and I'm not sure I'll be able to get it up good enough to allow the epoxy to really grab on. Of course, if I can't get it up, maybe it is bonded well enough to not matter.

I'm actually leaning towards the epoxy - I figure it is cheap enough that if it doesn't work out, I could always just tile over it, and it certainly won't look any worse than the current paint on the garage floor

Did you have any experience with the non slip additives - if so, what are your thoughts on using them with the epoxy?

-Rich
Appreciate 0