Thread: Garage Flooring
View Single Post
      02-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
mattsfeir
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

My house has an epoxy floor and I really like it. The prior owner had it professionally done and it has held up great for me the past 8 years. It does have the flecks, but no grit added. It can get slick, but I've never fallen on it and always wash cars in the garage, so have spent plenty of time on it when it's plenty wet. The lack of grit does make it very easy to clean with a push broom and a large squeegee. After washing the cars, I pour a pine sol/water mix around and use the push broom to scrub the entire floor, then squeegee out all the dirty/excess water, then it's spotless. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't add any grit.

I have zero experience applying it. 3 friends have applied store bought epoxy (Lowes, Home Depot) wanting their floor to look like mine and it hasn't held up very well at all. I don't know all the details on their prep work, but one did rent a large sander/grinder. Based on their experience, I'd skip the store bought stuff. There are some good info/reviews over at garage journal forum.
Appreciate 0