Mmmm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MendotaMike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya3666 View Post
Hi Mike, why did you need the PDX5 with 5 channels (I think) when you only have the front speakers and the subs? I have an e90 with front and rear speakers and the subs, would the PDX5 be able to handle that? How would I wire both subs into the one channel?
I actually do have the rear OEM speakers hooked up to the PDX5. The gain is turned down as compared to the fronts, just enough to have some rear fill. Keep in mind, nobody spends much time in the back seat of an e93, so great sound quality at elevated volumes back there wasn't much of a priority for me. With an e90, you might want to upgrade the rear speakers as well as the fronts. As for the subs, mine are wired in parallel to the 5th channel of the amp. Works great.
Mike, this is an old thread that I'd love to revive. I have an 08 E93 with the hifi system (based on previous example provided in this thread to determine what system)

Listening to music, I hear the faint and sometimes very obvious sound of the bass tones "rattling" or "buzzing". My initial thought was a speaker had a rear or rip in it; or, it's on its last limbs. Sound is coming from the passenger front side, at least my ears suggest that's the location. However, when I force fade to the front or to the back or balance left and right, I can't really replicate the buzzing I get when I leave everything centered.

I thought it might be the front passenger 4" in the door. But maybe not? Any other ideas, based on your experience with audio in these cars?

One day I'll take on the project similar to yours. But I do want to address the buzzing.

Thanks for any insight!!

JB