View Single Post
      05-26-2021, 01:07 AM   #29
hungry4cheese
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik325tds View Post
Yes, always connect a good charger, turn off your lights, heated seats, blower and other big power sinks.
The FRM is a ticking time bomb. Even with a good charger connected there is a very small risk that it'll corrupt it's EEprom when asked for it's DTCs and never communicate again. I'd suggest updating it to the latest firmware with WinKFP or go to a dealer and have it updated. Meanwhile they should know about the problem.

You have done the correct first step: Turn on ignition, Go to Operations, change to tab "Read Out Vehicle Data" and then klick "Complete identification". It'll take forever (about 3 min). All green modules in the ECU tree are good, yellow ones have faults set, red ones don't communicate.
In order to reset adaptions, change to tab "Vehicle management" in the first row, "Service function" in the second row, Then click "Power train", "Digitial Diesel Electronics (US version), then "adaptations". After CBU cleaning you want to do "Air mass flow sensor", "Increment wheel", "injectors", "mean quantity adaptions". Can't hurt to do "Rail pressure regulating valve" as well.

Note, that resetting "Increment wheel" adaptions might not work due to specific versions of ISTAP and you DDE SW, some others might not work due to a cheaper cable.

For the TCU go back to "Undo All", then "Power train", "transmission control", "Adjustment", "Resetting adaption functions".

Hope that helps.
Hi everyone - not to revive a really old thread here, but this problem still exists in the wild. Hopefully there's still someone around who can help. I have a 2011 335d that just got cbu cleaning. I am now getting rough running controller errors on cyl 1 and 5 as well as zero quantity adaptation errors. I have ista D/+ communicating with the car, but I am having trouble. I was able to reset the increment wheel adaptations, but am unable to reset the mean quantity adaptations or rail pressure. Maf resets, but it's always 0. I drove the car around after the increment wheel reset and already have a rough running controller error on cylinder 1. Any ideas as to why I can't reset the other important adaptations? Additionally, I don't see any zero quantity adaptations sections in ista d/+. I also have inpa sort of working (it's all in German with frequent script errors for the m57) and I didn't find the adaptations reset portion. I verified my injector index numbers were coded to the cylinders properly. The engine is running okay, albeit vibrates a bit too much at idle. My ista d version is 4.15 and I have ista p as well, but I haven't figured out how to use it/what to use it for. The cable I am using is a k-dcan USB cable with a switch using ediabas and icom emulator. I have it switched to dcan for the 335d. I am able to program via ncs expert and read modules with it just fine. Any help is appreciated. After a while of driving I start getting light misfiring at idle when I also start seeing the zero quantity adaptation errors.

If I should be starting a new thread, please let me know.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0