07-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #24
MendotaMike
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335i Conv., '08 X5 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoyo View Post
Really quick questions, when you talk about the molex and OEM connectors when installing the underseat subs, it wasn't clear if you cut the original wiring or what? If not, what did you connect up to the OEM lead?
Also, you did not have to shave the "ribs" off of the bottom of the subs OEM enclosures before putting the SWS, right? I see hundreds of people saying they had to do this even with JT spacers, but I really do not want to do it and believe you didnt either.
Thx
Yes, I cut the original connector off the car side of the subwoofer harnesses, then stripped the wires, crimped on some pins, and put on two-pin Molex connectors. Someone more resourceful than me could probably source a connector that would mate with the factory subwoofer connector, but I'll leave that to the "experts."

As for the ribs, I didn't have any problems at all. I used the JT spacers and some foam weatherstrip from Home Depot (maybe the weatherstrip added some extra height?).
Appreciate 0