View Single Post
      01-20-2017, 03:41 AM   #27
LangJai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i RWD 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by e93_cris View Post
Apologize for also bringing up this old thread up but I think we can all come together since this warranty would come in very handy for future references with BMW's fault fuel pumps

Has anybody changed their HPFP under the warranty statement provided? I'd like to give BMW Canada a call and get it sorted out. I think it was changed once by the previous owner but it doesn't state *a one time fix* on the document.

What's everybody's take on this for you guys?
"it doesn't state *a one time fix* on the document."

That's exactly my point, and the fact that it says "Warranty" on the SIB augments this argument. However, when I was back and fourth communicating with BMW Canada, they basically classified this as a one-time recall. If they had replaced your HPFP once after the SIB was issued, they would not cover another one. Replacement pumps carry a 2 year warranty and my pump was replaced back in Dec 2010... they would not replace another hpfp for me under any sort of warranty.

I'm in if we can do something so that BMW Canada is responsible for this known defective part.