Stephenj007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Metallic Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark E90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PORTMOODY View Post
I just installed the same unit tonight. A couple remarks and questions. First off the call quality with the external microphone seems to be excellent. I removed the microphone from its housing because it was too big and I placed it in the oem roof location. Sound quality also remarkable.

CarPlay worked quite seamlessly but I couldn't get my Bluetooth on iPhone 11 latest OS to stay connected.

A question for you. Did you wire the constant power into the fuse box and is that necessary?

I'm going to order a reverse cam that fits the trunk handle
i also just installed this into my E90. The yellow wire needs to go to the fuse box for Constant 12v to keep the settings and time.

The heated seats being in there is nice, i just wish it was easier to get to. I'll end up putting in the ashtray relocation in for the buttons.

i also had to install some APKb files when i wanted to use a different launcher. i am using the Agama. I played around with it on my phone first to find the look that i like so far. Gives me the options that i want and looks more stock and user friendly. i didn't like the interface that it came with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark E90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PORTMOODY View Post
I just installed the same unit tonight. A couple remarks and questions. First off the call quality with the external microphone seems to be excellent. I removed the microphone from its housing because it was too big and I placed it in the oem roof location. Sound quality also remarkable.

CarPlay worked quite seamlessly but I couldn't get my Bluetooth on iPhone 11 latest OS to stay connected.

A question for you. Did you wire the constant power into the fuse box and is that necessary?

I'm going to order a reverse cam that fits the trunk handle
i also just installed this into my E90. The yellow wire needs to go to the fuse box for Constant 12v to keep the settings and time.

The heated seats being in there is nice, i just wish it was easier to get to. I'll end up putting in the ashtray relocation in for the buttons.

i also had to install some APKb files when i wanted to use a different launcher. i am using the Agama. I played around with it on my phone first to find the look that i like so far. Gives me the options that i want and looks more stock and user friendly. i didn't like the interface that it came with
how did you do this? Do you have an iPhone?
Appreciate 0