04-19-2019, 07:28 AM   #29
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Fook me, that's amazing! Over here they assume that BMW (or whatever maker) have made the car as safe and functional as possible, and therefore ANY deviation from that makes the car less safe in some way. Additionally they assume (probably correctly) that performance parts mean you'll be hooning more, and therefore more likely to have an expensive crash. Bottom line is that if you change anything, your insurance goes up. Technically, even factory options are classed as modifications (from the base spec), but all insurers actually overlook that. Same goes for non-performance replacement parts which aren't genuine OE parts. If you don't tell them exactly what you're driving, they have the right to refuse to pay out on your claim - the insurance contract is void.

That would be totally awesome to only pay a fixed amount for the car - wouldn't bother me if the upgrades weren't insured! Just pull the parts off the wrecked car, as said! You lot have got it GOOD!

Anyhow, that's enough OT insurance chat I guess... Still super happy with the Special Actives. Can feel their limitations (mid corner bumps on the outside wheel, for example), but overall they do a great job of being 'best of both worlds'. Stoked!
Did you get an alignment? Poor alignment can make your car upset during mid corner bumps if the suspension isn't too stiff.
Appreciate 0