View Single Post
      08-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #15
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinvader View Post
...It cuts out if you give it too much skinny pedal (about 1/2 throttle). When I say "cuts out," I don't mean limp mode, I mean completely shuts down. I have to coast to a stop, shut off ignition, then re-start. It always starts right back up, but only if I turn off the ignition, then put my foot back on the brake and press start again. ...
This can happen if the DDE measures too much difference, for too long of a time, between the rail pressure "desired" versus the rail pressured "actual". The DDE should give you a rail pressure code and a warning light before it shuts down, unless the tuner disabled error checking... The fact that this is happening to you under heavier fueling conditions seems like the DDE might be programmed to ask for more fuel than the HPFP can provide. This could all be due to a mismatched tune versus the hardware on your car (tune asking for too much rail pressure and/or too much injector duration etc.).

Using TestO, or even Torque Pro with DWR's PIDs, to measure the rail pressure behavior under these conditions would be a good starting place.