Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
^ and you miss a massive point. dealerships would love to suck your dick and warranty all the shit in the world even if it was directly related to your mods and not give a fuck. i mean who cares right? bmw is flipping the bill.

but theres the issue, bmw is flipping the bill. and as much as the consumer likes to hate it, a dealerships #1 criteria is making money, which is shocking considering the amount of over head in employees merchandise etc it has. if they can make you happy and make money, sure theyll do it. but if making you happy means they wont make money, then come on, what do you expect them to do? not make money?

but why should they risk your mods being the reason bmw retracts or rejects payment for work/parts?
well obviously a mod'd car shouldnt qualify for bmw's original manufacturer warranty, but i'm talking more about a "bmw aftermarket warranty". obviously neither bmw nor a a dealer is going to honor any warranty the minute they're not making money on servicing the car, thats just bad business.

if someone wants to get their car tuned for mods they have installed or dyno'd, the should go to an privately owned garage. but if someone wants to have a new intake, exhaust, or even supercharger installed, i see no reason why BMW (after an owner signs off, acknowledging that bmw is not liable for any damaged caused by the parts being installed) wouldnt look to make a quick buck by charging their standard mechanics hourly rate to do the work.

problem here is that its easier for bmw to not touch a modded car and avoid any controversy/problems that results from aftermarket parts.
Appreciate 0