jwbmw
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XF S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
If any one has bothered to watch or read the news, they may be back tracking a bit on this, who knows 2013 is some time away yet. FWIW our Tory MP David Davis has kicked off tonight about it on BBC Look North and asked that his Government re-consider.

Personally, for something that was, I believe, introduced post war to encourage a baby boom is it really needed nowadays. The whole system of child allowance needs an overhaul and those who genuinely need it should receive it. There will always be a cut off point and be it based on household income etc. needs to be sorted.

What has and still baffles me is why millionaires still receive it.............I mean come on! As one local wealthy woman said to me a few years ago when her three kids where younger 'it's bloody ridiculous, I really do not need it, give it to those who do need it'. She gave it to UK childrens charities in the end.
Don't think anyone would disagree Helen, BUT the thing that is sticking in everyone's throat is the inequality in this crass proposal.

As you said it should be based on household income not some tick in a box on the tax return if you are a higher rate payer as Osborne tried to justify on the grounds of process simplification.

As I implied earlier the Tories have done real real damage and if they can not get a simple concept like this right god help us.
Appreciate 0