View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Never seen a footie thread on here, so just thought i'd start one before one of the biggest games of the season for us.

Before any clever clogs accuse me of being a glory supporter, or a sofa fan, i have followed Man Utd since i was a small kid many years ago and when i lived oop north. But i do agree there are a lot of glory hunters out there, including some fans of Chelsea and Man City.

Anyways i'm really excited to see what team and tactics the Great Lord Sir Alex Ferguson will go for. My head says he will flood the midfield, and may man mark one or two madrid players. I think he should man mark Alonso, and play wingers who can defend. If going on a defensive tactic, my IX would be:

De Gea
Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra
Valencia Carrick Jones Rooney Young
Van Persie

I'm not trying to predict what the Great Lord Sir Alex Ferguson would go for, that's near impossible. Also tactics wise i doubt it would be an attacking line up, especially in Madrid. If he does, then it should be an amazing match. But i reckon it will be us trying to stop Ronaldo and Co, then break on the counter attack.

Any other thoughts on tactics or your first IX?

Edit: Just realised Phil Jones is available. I would replace Cleverley for him (edited my line up)

Last edited by mob17; 02-12-2013 at 06:03 AM..
Appreciate 0