10-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #94
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
toyed with valve lift a bit. there's also a full load (vollast) map of course. I found the factor for maxiumum lift (10mm). I set the VL map to 10mm from 9.7, can't say I can tell any difference, but I'm not surprised. it's only maybe 3% increase at most. I'll reset it to stock before getting a base line.

I also tweaked the torque scaling factor for torque reduction requests via CAN (aka, traction control). basically it's a scaling factor, so if the ABS system requests a 50% reduction in torque, it multiplies that by the scaling factor and that's what it uses to reduce the actual torque output (this is way simplified but you get the idea).

stock was set to 400nm, I started with 200nm. coming from a car without any form of traction control, I found it to be pretty annoying and maybe even a little dangerous. I might play with it further but at half of what it was before, it seems much better - enough for a bit of safety factor, but not so much that it feels like somebody put the car in neutral. it would give me a little bit of wheelspin without letting it get out of control. too bad the car doesn't have LSD..

I set the fuel cut additive factor to 0 to see what happens. it still hits the spark retard first, basically can't tell any difference from stock.. there's a bunch of constants for disabling spark retard, I'll just have to try them and see if I can make the rev limit fuel cut only.

so far the only change that's really improved anything is the torque scaling factor, but there's still a lot to learn!
It's neat that you were able to back off the TC.

I had to take my care to the dealer last year for something myself or my regular mechanic could not resolve, and they clearly flashed it with another version software that makes the TC kick in MUCH more than before. We get some snow here... it's like all the power pulls off when it detects wheel spen, not too safe when you are pulling into oncoming traffic. I would love to change that, rather than turning off the TC when I drive it. If my better half or father drove it, they could wind up in a wreck if I didn't coach them on how to disable the TC.