View Single Post
      07-22-2018, 08:01 AM   #10
sd_dracula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp4rtanSD View Post
I went through a similar decision process. Ultimately I decided not to hook myself to a proprietary system with a questionable upgrade future. I felt that a standard double DIN receiver was the way to go. I chose the Pioneer MVH 2300NEX after reading many reviews of the various options. I figure that I am more likely to get upgrades from Pioneer than many of the other options, and if not, swapping out the HU in the future should be a viable option. To make it work I needed the following:
• PAC RP4.2-BM21 Wiring Interface
• Metra 40-EU10 Antenna Adapter
• LIEBMAYA 170 degree Car Trunk Handle Backup Camera Rear View HD Camera
• AI BMWK320 Radio Replacement Kit
• Generic auto accessory relay with mounting tab
Installation was reasonably straightforward, but does require some handiness with automotive trim and electrical work (I have a writeup in progress). Everything seems to work very well (including Android Auto), and this way you have a choice of whether to buy navigation in the HU or use your phone. I'm not saying this is the best solution, but it seemed to be for my purposes.
This looks like a lot of more work to get it to work and probably twice the cost, I'm just looking for something that is as plug and play as possible while retaining steering wheel/PDC functionality and giving me a way to play my music/GPS.
I understand that most of these android units are not properly updated after they release them but as long as spotify/google maps still work I'm happy, I don't want this to be better than my Galaxy S9.
Appreciate 0