03-14-2012, 02:52 AM   #5
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
So from what I gather you were on map 0 after installation? Damn you must've felt ripped off or something.

The thing you mentioned about not riding in a tuned N54 car is true - Stu's reason for purchasing a 135i stemmed from a ride I gave him in my car a while ago....

As for DTC, I find that too intrusive with catless DPs, DSC light still flashes past 4,000rpm in 1st and 2nd gear. TIMYOYO all the way when the weather permits.

Keep in mind that if you plug it into your laptop, the maps become customisable in terms of boost target and how 'aggressive' the map is when autotuning (which of course is currently unavailable)

Also, Vishnu have put in a 'traction control' style program which uses timing to control torque. Heaps better than the brake and throttle control of the ABS based system that comes stock on cars. Very progressive change between power cut and full power. Great way to set map 1 as 'wet weather' map (low boost target (around 8psi), lowest aggression level, with traction threshold for PROcede TC set high) and map 2 as your 'holy fuck me dead' map (15psi, aggression >2, PROcede TC off).
You should go upgrade to rev 2.5 / 3 and experience the new aggressive maps
Appreciate 0