View Single Post
      12-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #54
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
I think the vast majority of these instances has a more innocent explanation than spite.

One is herd mentality. Many people don't want their car to stand out in the parking lot (perhaps out of fear of vandals or thieves). So they park where everyone else parks. Or, if you're the only car in the parking lot way out in the boonies, perhaps people might think that there's a reason that no one is parking close (perhaps restricted or reserved parking or even "that person must know something I don't"). Fact is, by following the lead of someone else, it reduces risk.

Second may be even more benign. Many businesses instruct their employees to park furthest from the entrance (to save the closest spots for the customers). Hence, by parking in a seemingly deserted spot, you're actually parking in the implied "employee parking area", and then employees will just park next to you anyways (see first item above).
I believe it is the heard mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
What would you guys do if you walked back out and saw a Pagani next to your car parked in the boonies? So it's just some car prejudice going on here if the car is inferior to yours? LOL.
Of course we're prejudice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
It happens to all of us apparently.

Look how empty this parking lot was and is. This lot stays pretty empty all day because this is the back of the building and there's plenty of available parking in the front... but of course, looks like my baby found an admirer, I guess.

:
Happens to me all the time as well. I do notice often it's older women like my mom who don't want to deal with the busier part of the parking lot.