03-28-2023, 03:26 PM   #1
shyne
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Driver's side window switch diagnostic

Hello all,

I am tackling a job on my car. My expected outcome is to finally be able to go through the drive thru without having to open my door!
Super embarrassing!

A little background before I explain... When purchasing the car the previous owner warned me that the window was not working. I tried to use it and it worked fine. For the first couple weeks of ownership it worked and operated as intended with no hiccups. One random day, I was trying to park and was trying to use the tilt down feature on the passenger side mirror. No response from mirror. Thought nothing of it but windows and mirrors have not worked from drivers side switch since.

Here are some codes I am currently getting which I will assume to have something to do with this issue.

07' 335i 01/07 Build

Codes:
9CC1 (FRM: Communication with mirror, driver's side disrupted)
9CC2 (FRM: Communication with mirror, passenger's side, disturbed)
9CCF (FRM: Communication with LIN operator unit disturbed)
CCID for drivers side window trap, I don't remember exactly what it is.

I was just at BMW and two of the techs told me I should try replacing the FRM and that it's a common issue for them to go out. While I trust they are good at their jobs I'm not convinced the FRM is the issue. The fact I am able to use passenger side window with passenger switch, pull codes, locks work, and lights work give me some hope I am able to fix this through proper and thorough diagnostic.

The lights on the driver's side switch block all light up as they should. I know it's getting power.
The passenger side mirror does not tilt down when in reverse, can't adjust either.
I can't operate passenger window from driver's switch but works fine from passenger switch.

While doing some research on the forums, I've read on some people reporting issues when voltage is below 12v but am still skeptical this is the issue. I am using the BimmerLink app for the following data.
Quote:
Before cold start:
Battery load: 27%
Battery voltage: 11.78v
Current battery voltage: 12.13v
Battery voltage measured by IBS: 12.14v

After start:
Battery load: 27%
Battery voltage: 13.31v
Current battery voltage: 14.17v
Battery voltage measured by IBS: 14.18v
Not sure if it is of any importance but I have codes from other modules and one more FRM code (9309) that I don't think are related. Feel free to ask if you feel something else may be related.
If anyone has any input or advice it would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0