05-08-2015, 03:32 AM   #25
Vish8895
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
If they had I'd be banging on their door, there's sadly nothing like this in existence in the UK to my knowledge, the replacement parts are warranted for 24 months then thats it BMW in North America due to legislation and god knows what else adopt a different policy, last time I looked it was 82000 miles and/or 8 years from memory, American law and your interests are better served over there than the Luke warm kind of denial you seem to recieve over here.

These cars aren't cheap to run, they have vsrious known, well documented issues, BMW on the turbo charger front have had numerous supersession changes on the turbo units not one change but to my knowledge since 2006 production run around 3 to 4 psrt number/modification changes, mine were replaced late 2013 they rattled on start up though not bad still rattled, I reported it to the parts department where I obtained the units from asked if they'd look in to it and known possible reported issues (which I knew was a long shot) they came back with the said info about being modified etc. but on the technical side said there were no issues reported re technical bulletin.

Yet time and time again you get the isdue re waste gate issues BMW clearly have to toe the company / warranty line and usually pull a blinder that creates a thread like this where there's an issue and in many cases a stalemate it how to resolve it.

I've seen plenty of 335i's through our doors something like 60 are on our books from memory, most have the rattle some more than others obviously but if most have the isdue rule of averages says there's a design issue doesn't it.

Yes i've read plenty of HPFP and WG threads from North America where they get them done under warranty. For me, i think i will just continue to pay for third party warrant, allowing me to drive the car like it was mean to be driven without the worry of expensive repair bills
Appreciate 0