Ceridan
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Garage List
2008 BMW M6  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
It's too early yet to know the full consequences of the loss of the rebate in Ontario across all brands, but the Leaf is the only one with good data so far. It was also the most popular EV in the country before the rebate ended in Ontario.

If incentives had no effect, surely the sales would be proportionate across the country, but they are not. 97% of all EV sales in Canada are in the 3 provinces that have incentives for them. They are the three biggest provinces sure, but they only account for 74% of the population. I think you could call that "statistically significant."

In a country as big as Canada, with such a sparsity of population, it is a tough sell with the technology currently available. Plug in hybrids are probably a much better solution, and I wish there were more of them to choose from. If I could buy a plug in hybrid with a straight six and an electric motor that was actually self driving that I could use to get to and from work autonomously and then drive for fun on the weekend... 340e perhaps? As soon as BMW makes it, I'll buy it.
Appreciate 0