View Single Post
      01-31-2020, 12:35 PM   #135
surge98
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW m240i

As a reminder, there are two parts to the SULEV warranty: one that covers the list of parts, and one that covers you in the event of a failed emissions test. That second part is where things get interesting, because in theory that coverage could extend to anything that throws a service engine light. The service advisor at my dealership told me my warranty claim for carbon buildup in the cylinder head was denied because the cylinder head is not part of the emissions system. I told them that it should absolutely be covered because it blocks the airflow from the secondary air system, which is part of the emissions system and is what is referenced in the active fault code of P0492. They wouldn't budge, so I contacted another dealer and they got a tentative approval to cover it under warranty. They have to confirm the diagnosis and submit some paperwork, but they seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem. I'll remain skeptical until I sign the work order that says it's covered, but consider this a reminder that you may get different answers at different dealers.
Appreciate 0