View Single Post
      09-07-2019, 06:53 AM   #52
HOLO SEALS
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 525i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_s View Post
Thought I'd give a little bit more detail on here about the 330 n53 map due to getting a few PMs about it. You can't flash a BMW N53 330 map onto a 325 because the power class in the DME and in the CAS must match, BMW use this handshake to ensure that you cannot flash from a more powerful model onto a lower power model - exactly what we're trying to do here. This mechanism is used in several different BMW DMEs where there is a significant power bump by remapping alone. There are many approaches to getting around this, but what I've done here is some binary modification (and subsequent checksum correction!) on the dme to still handshake as a 325 while all the rest of the data is from a 330. Other than this change the binary is unchanged, it is identical to a 330 ecu other than that it will work in a 325; it reports as a 330i software version. This is quite a different approach to the generic flash file that is available at many places (which still reports itself as the original software version). Having said that, on this car also I had pretty good results using a generic flash (which I bought from a company on the internet and flashed on myself), I just prefer to have the car running original BMW software and think that this is the better approach as I now know for certain the ECU is identical to a 330.
Hope this helps, any questions please feel free to ask on here! I'm happy to perform this on anyone's 325 for a small contribution (less than a generic flash!) to recover some of the costs/risk I invested in this and the tooling.
Tim
Hi Tim!

Any chance I can take you up on your offer? Would happily pay a fee for this

I would prefer to have original BMW software running on my car instead of a generic map

Kind regards,

Nathan
Appreciate 0