POBEP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
Thanks! I’ll make sure to pick up the strainer. Funny thing is it’s gonna cost half the price of the pump itself

Interestingly, both Genuine BMW and Vemo are made in Czech Republic. All the other brands I checked are made in China. I don’t think Vemo is the OE here, but I ordered it anyway just to see how close it is.

nsjames I appreciate the detailed suggestion there. I’ll admit I kinda missed the part where you acknowledge that you could just pull the fender liner, but would be better served by just yanking the fender itself. Having swapped a fender before (thanks to a nice little hit and run when my car was parked on street at night), I completely agree that it’s super straightforward and not at all bad.

e90yyc - I was in the exact same boat with my "new" E90 (just 2 weeks ago).

I was reluctant to use China's URO motor (highly prefer German or Japanese).
However, still end up getting one for $10 from Amazon.

It works great. When I took things apart, old motor was not spinning as it was completely clogged.

Before you put new motor & grommet in, take a garden hose and aim water stream into the washer tank through the pump opening and then let it drain. repeat multiple times until clean water start coming out.

I was very surprised how much dirt was there.

Last edited by POBEP; 04-20-2021 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
e90yyc1293.50