02-18-2020, 08:26 AM   #27
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPuehl View Post
I appreciate this! I probably have the same 98 XDF that you have and searched for the exhaust flap related tables after reading your post and didn't find them. Thanks again for you work on this!
I added the 98 xdf to the first post. I didn't define all of the exhaust valve control tables, mostly because this will take a little bit of testing. On my vehicle, the rows are R, N, 1-8 (total of 10 rows) but there are a few tables on the 98 that only have 9 rows.

Reverse is generally always closed, so it looks like it may be a R, N, 1-7? Possibly for MT guys, but we will have to test it.

As stated in the XDF, 255 is CLOSED, 0 is OPEN, and anywhere inbetween looks to weigh the load or some other logic to control the flap. There are some other bits to control the flap that I am not privvy to; it is very hard for me to track down single data registers across platforms. Most of the tables can be found through pattern matching, but single cells are hard to match.

Try it out and let me know. I can flesh it out with "breakpoints" and such if it works.
Appreciate 0